Video interview software provider Spark Hire hosted a live webinar with ATS OnDemand to discuss the positive recruiting changes of 2020 and what to expect for next year.
1) Remote work is increasingly accepted and implemented in 2020.
2) Technologies like Spark Hire video interview software work well with applicant tracking software to help companies transition to virtual hiring quickly.
3) Millions of talented people now searching for jobs. Expanding reach through virtual jobs increases talent pool size, flow, and bottom line.
4) New jobs and opportunities created through innovations and societal dilemmas.
5) Businesses are electing to save money by closing physical locations and working 100% virtual.
Soft skills are the communication style, personality traits, and particular social skills of a person. Skills compiled by Eastern Kentucky University include: communication, courtesy, flexibility, and integrity.
Assessments are becoming a new standard for how companies attempt to measure talent soft skills. New AI (artificial intelligence) technologies are quickly emerging to provide smart analysis based on certain criteria to help employers make better hiring decisions. Assessments technology integrates easily with applicant tracking software, so companies can add them to online applications and gather data automatically. They also serve as a method for avoiding potential bias during the review process. New innovations are expected to be announced in 2021 and beyond.